My fellow Americans: this is election cycle is finally over. Thank God. We made it. And that’s all I’ll say about that because this is a health and wellness blog (okay, mostly food blog) and not a place for me to discuss politics.
With that said! I have been craving ~Mediterranean food for a while now: pitas, garlic and herbs, lemon, YUM! I know Mediterranean foods are typically warm-weather (read: summer) meals but this November has been unseasonably warm! Like, when was the last time Illinois had high-60 degree temps this late in the fall?! I can’t remember a time.
So here we are, post-election day eating Mediterranean-style food
Artichoke and Tomato-Basil Chicken
A quick and easy-to-make Mediterranean-style chicken dish!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Butter your baking dish (or PAM spray)
- Season both sides of chicken breasts using Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper (to taste)
- Pop in oven for 15 minutes
- While chicken is baking, in a small bowl, mix together parmesan, tomato, basil, garlic, and artichoke
- Remove chicken from oven, coat with mix from above
- Lay mozzarella slices on top of mixture
- Pop back in oven for 25-30 minutes
- Broil for a few min for crispy cheese (I broiled mine a wee-bit too long)!!
...aaaaaand SERVE! You can get 6-7 servings by cutting the chicken breasts in half!